[3830] WAE SSB JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jg1vgx@jarl.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:17:35 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: JG1VGX
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Chiba
Operating Time (hrs): 28.1
Radios: SO2R

   80:    0     0    0x4
   40:   59    48   18x3
   20:  431   383   39x2
   15:  440   435   38x2
   10:    5    20    4x2
-------------------------
Total:  935   886    216  Total Score = 392,688

Club:

Comments:

I was busy the last week so didn't even realise there was a huge CME three days
before the test. On Saturday I made a slow start due to some serious setup
issues and it was already five hours into the contest when I first switched on
the rig and noticed that horrible condition.

This did not disappointed me. I was rather encouraged by this, because if the
condition was better, I must be way behind to other competitors due to the late
start. The band was so dead that I couldn't even hear them.

So I actually geared up. Since 15m was dead, people seemed to come down to 20m
so it was pretty productive under even those conditions.

Then on Sunday the condition was progressively better. On Saturday I cannot
even think I can reach 900Qs under this condition. (But I know one of other
competitors made more than 1000.)

Anyway in retrospect it was as enjoyable as ever.

Many thanks for Q(SO and TC)s!

73 rin JG1VGX

QTH: @JG1ZUY (Kimitsu, Chiba, QM05bg)
A hilltop location in the Boso Hill Range (250m ASL)
Antennas:
- no antennas for 75m this time
- 40/20/15m Create 714XX trapped tribander (3/5/5)
- 10m 7L monobander
Power: genuine legal 1kW
SO2R with micro2R (but not useful under this condition)
Logged by N1MM Logger+ 0.19