[3830] SCQP KG4IGC Single Op Fixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] SCQP KG4IGC Single Op Fixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:46:46 +0000
                    South Carolina QSO Party

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op Fixed QRP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 3:16

  160:      0       0
   80:      0       0
   40:     31       3
   20:      3       0
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
    6:      0       0
    2:      0       0
  222:      0       0
  432:      0       0
------------------------
Total:     34       3  Mults = 17  Total Score = 1,349

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

I hate to say it, but I am very disappointed with the SCQP. It makes no sense
why we cannot use the counties for multipliers like what has been done in the
past. I have entered 3 times in the QRP category in the past  (2003 when the
Sumpter ARC ran it, 2005 & 2006 with the  Columbia ARC) and and relied
heavily on the counties to supplement my score. Now, there seems to be no
incentive for SC stations to even work it. What fun is it chasing the mobiles
and working SC stations just for a single point ? I also find it hard to
believe that  DX is not  even counted as a multiplier. I really hope enough
noise is made about this that perhaps some changes will be made to the rules. I
have decided to send my log in as a check log, as it is really not worth much
more than that.

Rig: Yaesu Ft-DX3000
Power 5 watts
Ants: Hex and Horizontal Loop