[3830] SAC CW ZA/S56A SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW ZA/S56A SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 13:58:02 +0000
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: ZA/S56A
Operator(s): S56A
Station: ZA/S56A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JN91SG
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:
   40:   21    15
   20:   43    25
   15:   72    29
   10:   15    13
-------------------
Total:  151    82  Total Score = 12,382

Club:

Comments:

I arrived in Durres on Friday afternoon and stayed in Majestic hotel with
tribander on the roof at 3rd floor.  RG8X was terminated in crimped connector
with rusted shield broken.  SWR was around 3 due to long length :-(
Fortunately I had access to nearby 7th floor and 8,2/12,3m OCF was made with
1:4 xfmr.  Noise level was high on 20/40 m but TS-480 NR-2 helped.  Warm WX
made sleepless night but increased activity.  I enjoy chasing SAC prefixes but
this time my 15 m CQ was answered thanks to RBN spots!  I couldn't reach WiFi
nets from my room.  I guess I had decent signal in SAC countries as numbers
repeats were rare.  My callsign was definitely easier than Z6/S56A :-)  It was
fun preparing for CQ WW RTTY partly spoiled by announced ZA/Z35T.  I hope to
fix tribander and extend OCF to 41m.

This SAC operation was in appreciation of your acceptance of numerous Balkan
wars refugees and Finish efforts in promoting hamradio in Kosovo and Albania.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU