[3830] Salmon Run WS7L SOMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run WS7L SOMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 18:27:24 +0000
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:   38     36
   40:   59     75
   20:   96     21
   15:   46
   10:   12
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  251    132      0  Mults = 93  Total Score = 95,581

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Lower score mainly due to less chair time than last year because hey this is a
beach vacation too and the weather was spectacular. You don't get many 80
degree (F) days in Ocean Park but Saturday was one of them. Probably would have
beat last year if it had been rainy. Again worked all but one county. Went into
the last couple hours missing four but picked up Ferry, Douglas and Mason in
short order late in the game. Never found Jefferson. Very good DX condx with
quite a few good EU signals on 15 and 20 from DL, G, I, OK, OM, SP, plus one OM
on 40. Also picked up JA (of course) plus HL, LU, KH6, KL7, KH2, KP4.

I didn't even try any digital, which was a total bust last year. Maybe I'll
check on RTTY next year and see if anything's happening ...

As before it was a huge amount of fun. I'm not truly rare here in Pacific
County but there are only about three other stations here and I get the
pleasure of hearing "thanks for the new one" very often. Once in a
while on 40 phone my "last ten" rate meter hit 300, which is always
fun.

I decided not to enter the expedition category this year, even though I
technically meet the conditions as I am using portable antennas at a rented
cottage that I scheduled specifically to be here for the SR. But I'd rather
those honors go to the ops who bring up the truly rare counties.

73 and thanks for the Q's.
Carl WS7L
Elecraft K-Line, 500 W to a Cushcraft R-7 plus an inverted-L over a branch on
80 meters.