[3830] 144FallSprnt W1XM(KB1CGZ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhawk@mit.edu
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt W1XM(KB1CGZ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:25:33 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: W1XM
Operator(s): KB1CGZ
Station: W1XM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN42ki Cambridge, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

Total:  QSOs = 29  Mults = 9  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 87

Club:

Comments:

Only on from 8:30 pm to 10 pm, at which point activity died down.
(Late start was due to other commitments.)

Got some feedback (both during and post) that we were alligatoring -- indeed,
we tried listening west for quite a while but did not hear any FN32 stations,
not on sideband and not on CW. Apparently several heard us (sideband). This is
one of the downsides of having gained more power, I guess. We need to take a
hard look at our receive, though I don't think we're optimistic that there are
easy solutions. (We, on a tall building in Cambridge, are super-proximate to
heavy noise from Boston.)

If you heard us and we didn't come back, would you drop us a line?

Grid distribution was:
   9 FN42

   6 FN31

   4 FN30