[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KA2KQM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kotoka2kqm@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KA2KQM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 17:16:33 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  41     28  Total Score = 443

Club:

Comments:

I operated less than 6 hours with my main goal to get 1296 MHz working again so
I could operate on 4 bands. Took about 90 minutes after first hour of operating
to put 55 element 1296 MHz yagi on 15 foot pole (armstrong rotation)and run 55
feet of  7/8ths heliax back to shack. Cobbled together ft-817 to 1296 MHz xvtr
and set drive level to get clean output. Ended up making 4 QSO's on 1296 MHz
with manual switching of both IF and RF cabling. No relays but it was fun and
many thanks to all whom I was able to work. Worked W4ZRZ at 133 miles and
AG4V/R at 65 miles through trees. KX4R at 58 miles pegged my S meter with his
10 watts! Also worked W4AMP at 62 miles through/over a hill at his end. Thanks
to all these stations for their patience as I manually switched cables for
tx/rx each time. Station setup: 50 MHz FT-847 100 watts to 5 element HB yagi at
15 feet manual rotation. 144 MHz FT-847 45 watts to 16 elements HB (modified
4218xl) at 70 feet. 432 MHz FT-847 45 watts to 23 elements HB at 70 feet. 1296
MHz FT-847 to HB xvtr 3 watts demi PA to 55 element F9FT yagi at 15 feet.
Manual rotation. Good to hear some activity here in the SE area. Thanks to all
for the Q's. 73 and GL!