[3830] TxQP N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 00:38:30 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:   34      0
   40:  136     95
   20:   92    224
   15:   46     82
   10:    3     81
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  310    482      0  Mults = 156  Total Score = 295,464

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3/100 Force 12 C3 @64' and pair of 80/40 Fan Dipoles at 50 feet one EW
and the other NS.  WriteLog.

Enjoyed the contest, and especially 10-Meter openings.  That bodes well for
next week's CQP I hope.  There seemed to be less activity, and a total disaster
from the CQWW RTTY guys coming too far down into the pure CW space, to include
the Extra Class segment.  They need better discipline.  Because I set the
expectations to operate the TQP only, I chose NOT to operate RTTY because of
the conflict.  I hope TX QP can find a weekend that doesn't make CW somewhat
impractical because of the poor operating practices of some of the RTTY folks.

I do operate RTTY, only inside the published band-plan segments according to
ARRL!  There's no excuse to violate other space.

Conditions overall were pretty noise ridden, and lots of folks who were
normally worked were not heard this weekend.  Football and the RTTY might be a
big disruption, and may dictate a weekend reaglinment.

73.