[3830] CQ WW RTTY P40HF M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY P40HF M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 03:17:10 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: P40HF
Operator(s): W4TMO W6HGF
Station: P40HF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:   51       22      17     9
   40:  513       47      68    22
   20:  410       50      80    28
   15:  766       51      92    28
   10:  714       46      72    23
------------------------------------
Total: 2454      216     329   110  Total Score = 4,784,775

Club:

Comments:

With the sunspot cycle likely headed downward again, I reached out to W6HGF to
see if he'd be interested in a trip to Aruba for the contest.  I hadn't seen Al
since we went on a DXpedition to Marcus Is (KA1S) in '77 but he didn't hesitate.
 And he's still an A1 op too!  Murphy provided anxiety with flight
cancellations, power outages before the contest and solar activity that caused
a slow start to the second 48 hrs.  Yet we managed a score we're happy with,
got caught up on life (getting old has advantages, you make new friends all the
time!) and enjoyed being serenaded by music Sat nite from a big neighborhood
birthday party.  Thanks to everyone who participated, couldn't do it without
you!