[3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3DI SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ON3DI@uba.be
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3DI SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:02:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35

   80:  207
   40:  328
   20:   90
   15:  107
   10:   53
-----------------------------------
Total:  785      20      20    20  Total Score = 540,000

Club:

Comments:

Hi all,

A WW contest, I like it so! Last year I had 1100 QSO's and the goal was
everything above 1000 QSO's. I analysed the log of last year so I knew which
rates I had to have and when I was on which band.

My start wasn't that good, my computer crashed two times, frustrating (Always)
during a 'pileup'. When I was back, my frequency was taken, damn!

It was hard on 80m and 40m for me, normally on 40m I could work some nice DX
but now I didn't hear them, strange really strange. My best moment on saturday
was K6ND on 80m, he called me and putted me on the cluster, tnx! I have only a
dipole for 80m, really nice to work DX then.
Last year I had some really nice runs on 80m, 100 QSO's in 1u30, that hugh for
me but not this year. Anyway worked again 5 continents but no VA, P49 and only
two K (K6ND and W1UE (what a signal they had on each band)! To less for a fine
result anyway on this band. Last ear I had 100 QSO's more...

KE8M spotted me on 40m and I hoped that some other DX stations would use this
spot to work me but the response was poor.
Caling cq had no sense so I did S&p, not a good sign. Worked the usual
stations like HK1T, YW5T, VA2UP, K1SFA, ... but I have mist some other guys I
normally work like AA5AU, W9ILY, NX5O, ...
Anyway lost my goal of 1000 QSO's on this band, had last year more then
200qso's more on this band.

20m is very small for me (14080-14085), so I'm happy with my 90qso's, had some
small runs, nice!

15m was busy, again I couldn't work a lot of DX. I saw on the cluster that a
lot of stations were transmitting above 21.100, damn I'm not allowed to
transmite there....
Also a little bit more qso's on this band then last year.

10m could better. My dad (ON2WVD) and I made a new dipole antenna for 10m,
could work E21EIC with this antenna.  I could play with three! antennas on this
band (the new dipole and two verticals), on each antenna I heard stations that I
could'nt hear on the other one.
No USA on this band and also that is strange....

Normally I contest more then 40 hours, sometimes the whole contest but at
saturdaynight I went to bed and slept for 7 hours, to much for my goals.
When I was reading the rules I don't understand why you may only operate 24
hours as a single operator. It is god damn the WW!!!!

On some moments the band were really full and then you see some stupid
operators. For example on sundayevening on 40m; I was calling CQ for a long
time on a frequency and then some Italian stations started to call CQ on the
same frequency. I asked him nice to remove, no reaction (and yes he could hear
me) and called CQ again. I was really pissed and called 10 times no stop CQ, it
had his effect ;-)!

Another thing, some om had really bad macro's. It has to be shorter, watch and
learn om's!

Generally I could say that I am dissapointed, hoped for more, certainly more
DX.

I was operation with:
FT897 and 50W
Winwarbler, will try to install the N1MM+ now
vertical antenna for 40m, 20, 15m and 10m
Dipole for 80m and 10m
So no beams!!

Next sunday there is a small ON contest, that is my next goal and after that I
am looking forward to the CQ WW SSB, WAE RTTY, OM DX RTTY.

Last but not least:
Thanks to K6ND, KE8M, RO1B, R9IR and RM3DA for putting me on the cluster!
Thanks to my parents for everyting and thanks to my dog Kim for the company
;-)!

73,

Pieter ON3DI

P.S.: score is incorrect