[3830] CQ WW RTTY W0LSD M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W0LSD M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 00:09:14 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD K0YQ K0TG
Station: W0LSD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  140       48      12    11
   40:  636       53      73    27
   20:  455       52      77    28
   15:  579       49      93    33
   10:  289       38      65    29
------------------------------------
Total: 2099      240     320   128  Total Score = 2,754,752

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

It was not the banner year that we were hoping for.  Looking at the solar
numbers things should have been much better.  Band conditions were funky and a
lot of signals on the higher bands sounded like they were coming over the pole.

It was hard to get a good long run going.  We had runs, but they did not seem
to be as deep as in the past,  I think the numbers show that.

We had 688 mults this year.  Last year with 3.7 million points we had 656
mults. The year before with 3.4 million points, 683 mults.  Just a lack of
QSO's this year.

Band conditions did seem to get better later Sunday.  We had a great run on 20
in the early afternoon.  Then went to 15 to close things off with a great Japan
run and a good sprinkling of South America as well.

A quick run of SH5 on the log shows that our top countries overall are:

 USA        49.1%
 Japan      13.0
 Canada     6.9
 Germany    2.7

By band:

10M (289 QSO's)
 USA        45.2
 Spain       6.2
 Canada      5.9
 Chile       3.1

15M (579 QSO's)
 USA        45.2
 Japan      19.9
 Canada      5.8
 Germany     3.4

20M (455 QSO's)
 USA        51.7
 Canada      8.7
 Japan       4.8
 Germany     4.1

40M (636 QSO's)
 USA        51.1
 Japan      21.1
 Canada      5.6
 Germany     2.3

80M (140 QSO's)
 USA        78.0
 Canada     13.5
 ect.....

While operating I would have never thought that we had worked Japan more on 40
than on 20 or 15.  Those three pointers are pretty important to us to be
competitive out here.

We were hoping for good QSO counts on 10 and got it.  We had 129 QSO's there
last year and 289 there this year.  That part came true.

Speaking of 10 meters.  Signals werw sounding pretty good on Sunday morning on
10.  15 and 20 though at that time were watery sounding and not a lot of
activity.  Early afternoon things kind of turned around and 15 was sounding
better, but hard to get a run going.  20 was sounding better and we were able
to get a run going.  Also 20 stayed open to EU for much of the afternoon well
into their evening.  A few EU stations heard and worked us, but I'd say most of
the 20 Meter QSO's were NA.

Still good fun.  See ya next year and we will find out what comes our way
solarwise.

73, John  K0TG