[3830] TxQP OM2VL(@OM8A) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, totya@zsmkomds.edu.sk
Subject: [3830] TxQP OM2VL(@OM8A) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:32:49 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: OM2VL
Operator(s): OM2VL
Station: OM8A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Okoc
Operating Time (hrs): 18:00

  160:
   80:
   40:   31      8
   20:  111     28
   15:   98     38
   10:    1
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  241     74      0  Mults = 167  Total Score = 162,457

Club:

Comments:

2nd time on TX QP. The target was made as many as possible missed counties. I
have confirmed 199 (99% of them I worked in last year QP).
After first hours it seemed very hard job ...
On 20m very weak signals and it was hard job to break the USA wall. So many
times I called mobiles 10 and sometimes more minutes and many times when I
break the pileup the mobile began his new county or QSY to other band (I missed
10-15 counties because of this). Sometimes I was lucky and they'r QSY on 15m. On
this band I usually havn't problem to made QSO.
Good condition - I tried many times CQ on SSB and had nice USA pile, but
unfortunatelly only sometimes answered me station from TX.

 - 1st 40m QSO was at 23:36Z with K5XR - excellent signal
 -"last" QSO on 20m at 23:49Z with K5NA and after that 20m was closed
here (atleast I thought it) ...
 - at 01:39 I worked on 20m with W5CT/M ... maybe I missed 2 hours on 20m ???
(I was only on 40m and don't check 20m because I thought it is close)

After 1st part I had about 130 QSO less than in last year.

On sunday the condx similar than on saturday. 10m was also open for me and made
QSO at 16:46Z with N5JB with excellent signal. I tried to move here mobiles, but
I can't heard any of them. Also try SSB and had pileup, but nobody from TX.

I worked from my 55 missed counties 31!! so still need 24 - I must take part in
TXQP also next year :)

Thank you very much for the many QSO's, especially for mobile stations to gave
me so many QSO's and new counties!

K5YAA/M 49/28 (QSO/CTY)
W0BH/M  31/23
W5CT/M  28/25