[3830] CaQP AF6GA SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, merlinridesagain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP AF6GA SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 23:49:56 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: AF6GA
Operator(s): AF6GA
Station: AF6GA

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Cupertino, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:
   80:
   40:   20
   20:   19
   15:  116
   10:   40
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  195     0  Mults = 31  Total Score = 16,647

Club:

Comments:

First time in CQP and it was a lot of fun and hard work - but rewarding.
Started off doing my normal SnP and then realized the only way to get mults was
to run.  So, for the first time I ran CW.  A big thank you to the many patient
callers, I really appreciate the farnsworth or finding the CW speed knob and
using it.  Running at 18/20wpm was probably the slowest out there but in my
comfort zone - hopefully it'll improve by next year.

Some of the delay in replying to callers was using RIT, more than one caller
*gulp*, calling just out of 700Hz b/w, weak and having to turn AGC off/peak
filter on to hear, and general lack of experience copying code other than zero
beat strong signals.  When SnP I can pick on the strongest, non watery, non
polar, slow-ish stations.  When running you take what comes :)

Conditions were excellent!  Sunday morning EU was stronger than most NA on 10m
so stayed there calling - conditions aren't likely to be like this for much
longer and wanted to enjoy it.  Saturday was spent mostly on 15, and some
evening time on the low bands.  Although 100w and a low wire doesn't work so
well.

Anyway, a lot of fun and thanks for all the qs and repeats

73
Phil
AF6GA