[3830] CaQP WX4G SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP WX4G SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 01:16:05 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: WX4G
Operator(s): WX4G
Station: WX4G

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:   17
   40:   59     26
   20:   81     67
   15:   88    172
   10:   61     89
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Great contest...but my 2 el Steppir performed really poorly.  Heard NF4A working
stations I could not hear...at all!  So...2 hours before contest end..I
recalibrated my Steppir.  And that allowed me to work over 100 stations in the
last 2 hours...what a difference!!!  I was getting 20-30 over 9 reports on 10
& 15, when before I had trouble working stations.  The director must have
been set up as a relector to make that big of a difference.  This is the same
antenna that got me 126,000 score last year from NC.  If only I had
recalibrated earlier!!!

Oh well,  the 2nd rohn 25 tower is at 70ft and the 4el Steppir ready to be
raised up. So I should be ready for the CQWW.

Then I can finally start assembling the 5el 20, 6el 15 and 7el 10 meter beams
for the 100ft rohn 45.

Today was 78 degrees F..the first day below 90 since I got here in
May...ANTENNA WEATHER!!!!  We should be out of the monsoon season...and FL cool
weather should arrive...80-85 degrees.  That should speed my work!!

Thanks to all the California stations I worked...and will try to send you some
of the 9 inches of rain wee got in September!!!

Bob  WX4G