[3830] SAC SSB K8MFO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB K8MFO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 13:28:51 +0000
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:    0     0
   40:   37    25
   20:  102    32
   15:  111    29
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  250    86  Total Score = 27,864

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

When I was first a 12 year old Novice in 1958, I could hardly wait to take my
Conditional Class exam so that I could operate AM PHONE.    A funny thing
happened.   The PHONE craze fizzled quickly.     Even today I treat a
microphone like it's a hot poker in a fire!    That being said, there are 4
surnames responsible for geting me into ham radio  Suhonen - W8FYZ,   Kangas -
W8DCD,   Sironen - W8BJE, and Karvonen - K8HHZ, my Dad.     It's not hard to
guess that I'm of Finnish extraction.

So, each year I bite the bullet, pull out the hand microphone that came with a
Kenwood 2 meter radio, and chase Scandinavians in their contest!

Conditions were not the greatest, but I did persevere for 11 hours.

HEI   ... HEJ  ... and whatever other greetings are used in the froen North!

Thanks to all of the fine operators for the contacts.

Don K8MFO

K3,  AL-1200,   Mosley PRO-67B at 118 feet