[3830] CQWW SSB RM2D(SM6LRR) SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB RM2D(SM6LRR) SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 06:38:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: Vereya
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:  246     7       43
   40:   43     7       23
   20:   75     8       35
   15:  121    12       46
   10:  287    17       60
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Great High Band conditions during the 12 hours I took psrt of the contest. Even
with small gun antennas (basically monoband verticals and a low 20 meter
dipole) the contest was indeed exciting.

10 meters was in good shape in most directions due to high SFI. Activity was
good and quite a few nice DX in the log. 80 meters was below average and few DX
logged.

Even with HP (800 Watts) I realize that on SSB my station is by far as
competitve as on CW... Need to get that planned tower and a yagi, spiderbeam or
quad up for 10-20 meters. Without that, the same old story will repeat itself:
Just stand patiently in line until the big kW and big array guys have come
through. The DX cluster does not make it easier, but the advanatage is to look
up stations before they are put on the cluster...  Wish people used the cluster
for unexpected openings rather than cheerleading the rare DX and big guns that
anyway will create the pileups...

Rig:  Good old FT-1000 (D)
Amp:  Acom 1010, 800 watts

Ants
80:   1/4-wave vertical (on ground) with 3000 meters of radials
40:   1/4-wave vertical (on ground) with 2 elevated radials
20:   Dipole (inverted in both horizonatal and vertical direction) @ 6 meters
15:   1/4-wave vertical (on ground) with same ground plane as 80 meter vert
10:   1/4-wave vertical (@ 10 meters height) with 2 elevated radials

WX:   Winter about to arrive in Moscow with minus 16 degrees C, no snow on
ground yet, that made it possible for me to add 1000 m of radials in dusk
before the contest

See you in CQWW from TM6W hopefully.

73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)

"Ham Radio and Contesting Happily Free from Politics and Games"