[3830] CQWW SSB KO7AA SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ko7ss@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KO7AA SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 00:42:26 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:   2      2        2
   10:  69     11       29
------------------------------
Total:  71     13       31  Total Score = 9,196

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was the first station building weekend, almost no operating time :(

My mountain-top cabin isn't quite done, so this was a generator powered LP
Field Day style operation.

Friday was spent laying cables, building the SteppIR 2 el yagi, and trying to
make the remote controlled MA-550 work. Then I sliced my right thumb pad open
on a galvanized edge and had to go get 4 stitches.

Saturday I managed to ruin the Yaesu rotor plug trying to solder it without
using a bandaged right thumb. More slow motion station building and I was
exhausted.

Sunday was a few Q's on 10M. Good conditions, but LP SSB DX contests from W7
aren't all that much fun...

A few cabin/antenna pics are now on QRZ.com

73, Bill KO7AA on Mt Lemmon, AZ