[3830] CQWW SSB VU3KPL SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VU3KPL SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:29:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VU3KPL
Operator(s): VU3KPL
Station: VU3KPL

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: Bangalore
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:    7     4        6
   20:   63    17       38
   15:   36    10       20
   10:  158    16       53
------------------------------

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

This contest i wanted to try experimental half square on 10m. While 10m was
booming here, with 50 W and Hexbeam QSO was not raining as heavily as others.
Hexbeam SWR went infinite on Saturday afternoon due to heavy rains at that time
i had completed only 60 Qs. Had to stay away from higher bands for nearly 24hrs
till next days when antenna dried naturally. meanwhile operated handful nearby
countries on halfsquare and lost all bigtime show on Saturday night. Rest of
the 200 Qs were made between Sunday local 2PM till mid night. At times VK9LM
and VK9XSP were worked with single calls.
Most memorable QSO was with KH7XX on 40 meters. On my low OCF dipole, he was
coming 59 with broadcast quality signal. On just first call he caught me and
gave report and greeted Aloha. I wonder what antenna system he was using. All
time New one on 40 made my contest efforts fruitful.
Yes these contests are fun and offer lot of learning potentials on solar
weather, antenna and operating techniques.

See you next time!
VU3KPL