[3830] CQWW SSB OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OG6N(OH6NIO) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 20:16:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   65     5       34
   80:  131     9       55
   40:  391    26       88
   20:  401    33      109
   15:  939    37      116
   10:  370    35      132
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This contest was a mixed effort of having fun, testing new equipment and chasing
DX.

I installed new power divider and 6-way relay boxes in good time. I was also
able to fix some old antenna issues mainly related to bad connectors. Power
dividers enabled me to split power between 2 towers or run each tower
independently on all bands.

Unfortunately there was not enough time to install Europe antennas on 10m and
15m. Even though my station was almost ready on Thursday it took me until 22 in
the evening when I finally made it to bed. I had only chance for a five hour nap
before the start. When I woke up I had overslept the start by almost three
quarters of an hour. I noticed that 15m was open to the states. Unfortunately
nobody came back to my CQ.

The propagation was much worse from here than last year due to the flares and
it really shows in the lack of stateside QSOs and low p/QSO. At times it was
quite enjoyable though.

I think I should have worked a bit more on 10m. Oddly enough I worked exactly
the same number of countries as I worked last year. I guess that I concentrated
more on working multipliers thanks to the fluctuating conditions.

There were some interruptions due to technical problems. I had to take a break
to fix a bad connector in the middle of a decent run on 15m when my stack
developed high SWR. I had some other issues that forced me to take some extra
breaks. A bad relay on the second amplifier made reception very difficult and
finally I had to give up using the second radio altogether. I hope that these
issues will be resolved before the CW part. I also hope that I will have time
to install the Europe beams for 15m and 10m.

Thanks for the QSOs!