[3830] SS CW N8SBE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8SBE@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N8SBE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 03:18:33 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:    5
   20:   46
   15:   59
   10:   49
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Tough going for a search 'n pounce this year for this station.  Seems like there
were endless pileups, or weak stations buried under the QRM (take your pick).
Add to that the Tromelin Is. DXpediction that showed up from time to time,
which would wipe out 25 kHz or more of the band with massive pileups.  What
fun.

To add to the excitement, one of the upper corners of the 12 meter driven loop
on my quad came loose in the Friday night 50 mph wind storm, so I had a loose
wire flapping around touching the 10 and 15 meter loops from time to time,
causing the SWR to vary wildly (and my patten was wrecked on those two bands,
as well, it seems).

Only managed 10.5 hours operating time, amongst all the other family activities
going on this weekend.  I noticed I didn't participate at all in the CW weekend
last year, but made a clean sweep (minus 1 after log checking -- darn) in the
SSB weekend.

Hopefully the SSB weekend coming up in two weeks will prove more fruitful.
Don't know if I'll be able to get the quad fixed before then.  It was a real
workhorse for me on the CQ WW SSB weekend recently on the higher bands.