[3830] SS CW N5QQ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N5QQ@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N5QQ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 13:51:07 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5QQ
Operator(s): N5QQ
Station: N5QQ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 12.4

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   32
   20:  211
   15:  174
   10:  145
------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Even though 12.4 hrs was all I could manage, I just don't know what to say.
After 4 years straight of missing a SWEEP by one section (in the SOHP category)
I thought surely going SOHP(UNLIMITED) from my little pistol home station would
do it. But NO, NADA, ZIPPO! NT(VE8EV) was faintly heard only once, in a raging
pileup of course (think he bailed out after less than hour due to the pileup
unruliness). I could hear about every 3rd character, so decided to look for him
or VY1EI later. Spent most of the day Sunday, beam pointed directly at the NT
area all day, called CQ for several hours hoping he would stop by, went S&P
up and down 10/15 and 20 looking for him, watched EVERY spot that came up, never
ever saw or heard from him again. Think there were two of them. All during those
hours the AK's, VE7'sand VE6's were easily heard and worked.

Dang it!

73
Ron/N5QQ

equip: K3, KPA500, T8 Log Periodic @ 50ft, Butternut HF6V roof mounted