[3830] SS CW K0AV(@W0DLE) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0AV(@W0DLE) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:07:46 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0AV
Operator(s): K0AV
Station: W0DLE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Park County, CO
Operating Time (hrs): 23:56
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   36
   40:  226
   20:  305
   15:  177
   10:   28
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

K0AV @ W0DLE

Operated from W0DLE's fine station located out in South Park area of Colorado.
Chuck has lots of effective antennas to choose from.  He let me set up my own
gear and laptop. Thanks very much Chuck!

All of the antenna hardware and computer software performed flawlessly.
That's all very well and good, but without any such problems, what do you say
when you fall short.  Hint: "the operator."
So many choices to make. Hard to keep something going.

Always room for improvement.

Biggest thrill was coming across VE8EV just as his pile up of big boys was
still building. Usually the callers don't begin to use their XIT offset when
they first call. Being QRP, I knew I had to start off a little high. [after all
pot is legal now in Colorado] Anyway, he came right back. His #35. So sweet!

Great work by all the other QRP entrants. Think of this as an exercise in
character building.

73, Alan K0AV