[3830] SS CW W7YAQ Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W7YAQ Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 20:04:51 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Sisters OR
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:   54
   40:  133
   20:  111
   15:  193
   10:  119
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Things started well.  In the first hour VE4VT and VO1MP called in!  In the next
few hours had bagged KP2, KP4, KL7, QC, and the 4 VE3 mults.  Then in hour six
reeled in VY1EI on 20 by calling CQ next to the station he had just worked.  So
visions of a sweep danced in my head when I went to bed at 0800 needing only
MAR, NNY, VT and WV.

Sunday morning quickly ticked off MAR, VT, and WV, while occasionally hearing
and unsuccessfully chasing N2ASD in NNY.  Where was K2NNY?  Anyway after
several painful hours of 15 Qs or so, I pulled the plug at 2220 after the
scoreboard hit 100K.

I like the idea someone proposed of a 10 or 12 hour category.  How about a 12
hour class that only runs from 1200 to 0300, the last 15 hours of the contest?
Seems like this would be a way to stimulate the Sunday doldrums.

Cheers,
Bob W7YAQ
CK 54