[3830] SS CW W5RU(@KN5O) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W5RU(@KN5O) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 21:57:31 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): NO5W K1DW KN5O
Station: KN5O

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:50

------------
  160:
   80:  111
   40:  447
   20:  548
   15:  154
   10:   71
------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday was good, but Sunday was like watching paint dry.  Things started off
well enough, but then the rates just went south quickly.  Trying to run seemed
futile.  Mostly S&Ping on both radios.  Our run rates were cut in half or
better during the last 10 hours.

Our break strategy/timing got messed up, so we lost about 10 minutes of
operating time - not that it was any great loss.  Because once the log checkers
get finished with us, I'm sure that little bit of op time will be irrelevant,
given the stiff, high-quality competition in this category.

Mult #82 for us was VI.. When KP2RUM showed up, we were surprised - very few
callers.  We'll take it that way.. Better than a cat and dog fight for those
last elusive mults.

By Sunday afternoon, I thought we were gonna miss the clean sweep. And just
when I least expected it, Mult #83, VY1EI calls in on 15M.  Geez Eric was week,
but very, very patient.  Then as I got his exchange, saw he was QRP.  I had him
repeat my number and check just to be sure we didn't mess up.  Whew!  Another
sweep in the log!

Conditions seemed pretty good.  Of course, being in the South Central US, 15M
and to a greater extent, 10M are only good to us for long haul stuff.  Those
bands are difficult for us to run on.  Our workhorse bands are generally 20M
and 40M as evident from our score.

Anyway, we will be active for SS Phone and CQWW CW.  Look forward to those
every year.

73 and thanks to all for the Qs.

W5RU

W5RU - Dallas K1DW, Chcuk NO5W, Ted KN5O

Stns:  4 x FT1000MKV Field, Alpha 99, 8410, 2 TenTec Centurion
Ants:  10M 5-ele Mono @ 70ft, 15M 5-ele Mono @ 88ft, 20M 5-ele Mono @ 100ft
       40M 2-ele moxon @ 86ft, 80M 4-SQ, KT34XA @ 70ft.
S/W:   N1MM Classic 14.9.0