[3830] SS CW W1WBB Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1WBB Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 03:10:21 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:  -0-
   80:   59
   40:  139
   20:   76
   15:  -0-
   10:  108
------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Missed VE6 and NT.  Tried to get attention of VE8EV when I heard him on 20m band
in his S&P mode with 1h 15m left in contest...no luck with my 5 watts even
after successfully finding him on multiple occasions.  Called a weak VA6SM in
vain who was CQ'n on 10m earlier in afternoon.  Only two ever heard from those
sections.  Not having 15m band available due to radio issues did not help in
hunt for those final 2 mults.  But great 10m condx made up for it, exceeding
100 Q's (in SS!).

All exchanges/info hand sent (!!) 'old-school' as not yet CW-interfaced with
brand new computer.  Apologies for the erratic fist and thanks for the
patience,       especially pulling out my QRP sigs.  Hence, almost exclusively
S&P myself.

Severe winds/rain here all weekend allowed more radio time but created SWR
havoc on my usually effective 40/80m doublet...so it was not used.

Icom IC-706MKIIG @ 5w; Hexbeam up @ 32' on 10/20m; OCF dipole @ 30' on 40/80m.
N1MM Logger+ and Vibroplex iambic paddle w/MFJ keyer.