[3830] CQWW SSB LU2DKT SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, er_araujo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LU2DKT SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 13:50:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LU2DKT
Operator(s): LU2DKT
Station: LU2DKT

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Buenos Aires
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:  15     7        12
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  15     7        12  Total Score = 570

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

This was my 6th year participation in this contest on 160 and it was my worst
score by far with only 15 QSOs. Conditions were extremely poor and QRN level
was very high, typically S9 on the beverages 9+20 in the vertical.
I worked only 3 European stations. YU0T heard but he didn�'t hear me and with
S57O was the same. Nothing else heard from west.
I am curious about USA. Except NP2P and Caribbean, only 2 signals were heard
from USA for only about 3 to 5 minutes on both days….nothing else. What
really surprised me is it was the same station K3LR on both days and nobody
else.
I know that Tim has a very good station on Top and what else can be said about
John N2NC operation but, there are other good stations in USA, How it is
possible nobody else could be heard!!! I was continuously listening the whole
band and nothing.
We incorporated an NCC-1 as a new tool and we are doing the first experience
with it. So far, we are combining beverages with a K9AY but as the K9AY hear
with a worse S/N ratio than the beverages, I could not make phasing them work
better than each of them alone.
My plan is to add a second loop and phase it with K9AY and the result phase it
thru NCC1 with the beverages. The other alternative is to try a couple of DO
loops. Lets see the end result.
’73 and I hope to hear better on February CQWWSSB 160 !! Eddie, LU2DKT