[3830] SS CW NE9U SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW NE9U SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 00:41:30 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  104
   40:  518
   20:  161
   15:  134
   10:   29
------------

Club:

Comments:

Went to bed saturday night about 100 ahead of record pace for me, and with 79
mults.
3 more mults fell easy sunday morning, but NT remained elusive.

I quickly became obsessed trying to find one (as a side note, i have a string
of 23 straight sweeps and coffee cups...wanted 24!  :-)

Packet was no help...one spot for ve8ev but the cluster pileup quickly chased
him away never to be heard from again!

Anyway, sunday ended up being half an effort and lotsa searching for Yukon!
>From being 100 ahead of record pace saturday night, I ended up about 150 down
from my best total...oh well....

I eventually realized it wasnt gonna happen this year, so put the cq machine on
20 meters pointed NW (which i had been doing a lot of sunday afternoon!) and
started reading news on my Ipad.  And low and behold, 15 minutes before end of
contest i get called by VE8EV with a low number (109).  Thank you!!!

So, got my string to 24....maybe shoot for 25 next year and then forget about
multiplier chasing and get back to contesting!!!  :-)

Scott  NE9U

Equipment:

FT1000D X 2
Cushcraft A4 @56 feet
80/40 sloper
all band ladder fed inverted Vee
TRlog and WX0B SO2R controller (high tech DOS stuff!)