[3830] SS CW K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 23:05:30 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 24:00

------------
  160:
   80:  218
   40:  336
   20:  110
   15:   63
   10:   52
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My highest QSO total yet from home.  Spent >> many << hours the
previous week building a system to switch single-band matching networks so the
autotuner in my TS-850SAT could handle the 200-ft dipole.  Did not even have
time to turn in my CQWW SSB log (maybe 50 QSOs, so it does not matter).

Tried to make myself focus on QSO total instead of the sweep.  Called CQ a
whole bunch; even got a reasonable number of replies on the high bands.
Indeed, probably too much CQing.  Fatigue let me fall into the F1-fest mode
when I knew I should have been scanning.  And I spent too many minutes calling
rare sections (e.g., VO1) that I had already worked, but "needed" to
prove (to whom??)that I could get through.  More discipline in S&P would
probably have gotten me Nebraska, and all that CQing did not yield NT.

At least I did not miss MB this year (four! -- VE4EA has really stirred up the
guys there).