[3830] WAE RTTY AL9A Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY AL9A Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 01:56:19 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 18:00

   80:
   40:   49   60    10    20
   20:  222  130   270    65
   15:  262  128   150    64
   10:  132   70   110    35
------------------------------
Total:  665  388   540   104  Total Score = 467,540

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Darned Daylight Savings Time change over last weekend caused me to show up 45
minutes late for the start! Why the heck AK needs DST is beyond me! Would have
had over 700 QSOs if I had started on time.

Bands seemed much better at the start than at the end, particurlarly on Sunday.
As is usual from here tough getting into EU over the pole compounded by lower 48
stations with their antennas turned to EU leaves AK out in the cold, pun
intended. Finished with way too many QTCs on hand, but between the band
conditions into EU and the JA stations just starting after the JIDX contest it
was tough to find someone willing to accept the QTCs.  Still had a lot of fun,
which is what counts.