[3830] WAE RTTY N6HE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rayday@cox.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY N6HE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 04:22:35 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6HE
Operator(s): N6HE
Station: N6HE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: So. Calif.
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:    7          0     6
   40:   46         10    20
   20:  143         50    38
   15:  168        100    48
   10:   54         50    29
------------------------------
Total:  418   0    210   141  Total Score = 197,192

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

LOVE THE WAE RTTY!!!! QTC's, everybody-work-everybody, what's not to like?
Condx here up and (mostly) down, heard only a few EU stations.

Tried out a new (to me) Alpha 87A and I could even hold a run frequency. Had to
dial it back a bit because of suspected balun heating on some bands (OCF
dipole). But I felt louder than normal and that's great!

I couldn't believe one guy whose serial number was in the 180's - typing the
exchange manually.... he must REALLY love RTTY!

When I was running, only one station gave me his full exchange on his first
call and only one guy tried to cleverly shorten the exchange by omitting the
RST. Several using 5NN, though....

My rig completely locked up once (in transmit mode, of course) while giving QTC
fills to a JA - none of the usual fix-it tricks worked, even turning it off/on
and disconnecting all the other cables connected to PTT......hrmph. Did a
"master reset" (re-boot) of the rig firmware (easily done,
thankfully) and that worked. But the JA was gone of course. Wonder if he'll
report the QTC's that he got OK?

Lots of new call signs, too that's good to see.

Thanks to the DARC and to all for the Q's. See you again soon.....

73, Ray N6HE