[3830] WAE RTTY IW1AYD(@IQ1RY) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iw1ayd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY IW1AYD(@IQ1RY) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 21:13:01 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IW1AYD
Operator(s): I1BEP IW1QN IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bra
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  103          10   160
   40:  401         355   255
   20:  424         382   194
   15:  397         255   202
   10:  305         160   174
-------------------------------
Total: 1630  1630  1162   975  Total Score = 2,722,200

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Well, it was a great time. The whole team enjoyed a lot each single moments of
the whole game. We have to say thanks to everybody had a QSO with us.
We have to thanks everybody went in even if quite force to receive ours QTC's.
We have to thank everybody that chatted with us in the attempt to overcome a
major logger glitch that afflicted the whole world. Hey guys I know that
Writelog was working HI! But then all accepted to RX our QTC!
I would think that the RX QTC glitch of N1MM+ was one of the key to carry on
here. We had to fight more and more as to get every single point, multiplier,
QSO and TXed QTC. Fighting more often locally with the logger than all around
the world. If if we had seen some monster signal, some 1/2 large a other really
strong!
I would also thank one great man that simply wrote us " ... I am rusted
taking QTC but I will try with you now ...", TU John, N9NA, you make my
day! (Even if quite late in the afternoon ;=>
But also thanks to everybody that was scared by the bug of N1MM+ or even only
by the QTC schema. We don't regretted to ask and we where pleased also by a
clean and clever "NO QTC". There is a place for everyone in the WAE
(RTTY) game. Seat in and carry on.

Last year I was operating SO2R and I find two bugs into the radios FW, this
year it was the time for a program bug. Nonetheless we all enjoyed the game.
The WAE is a great and unique contest. I will do it even without a leg!
But also, last but not least, we have to say thanks to the all the competitors
in our same category, perhaps only those that we have looked at with
CQContest.net ... who knows if there are others ... :-)
Why this? These two days went on with a very sportsman like game. Having the
board on hands was wonderful to push us to do better and better, at last to try
to do all that. We think this was also for the others we seen there. That's
great. We have had the pleasure to meet some great gentlemen in this game.
We also suffered of an less than bad going Internet connection and struggled to
make it working, but no way to make it better.
So it is soapbox full of thanks to anyone, this would tell even to the more
conservative of us that we really enjoyed playing together the WAE RTTY 2014.

Prop was strange. We appreciated a lot the late prop on 20m on Sunday evening.
We had expected something more on 10m, but it wasn't that bad. The 40m was our
second workhorse, but no JA's on the first evening and not that much on the
second evening. The 20m bands was great lately the second day. It seemed as
closing but there was more and more fire just after half an hours of drying
down. The 15m went pretty well the second day. The 80m was our refuge when 20m
closed and all other high band where dried up. The second day we gained there a
lot of Q's but unfortunately for a short time as there where not that much
operators, it was late, near to the closing time.

   We hope that yours fun was bigger than ours fun. CU next WAE RTTY!

        73 from I1BEP Renato IW1QN and myself IW1AYD Salvo ...
                                          ... all from the IQ1RY group

PS Not to forget ... TU to the N1MM+ dev. team that made a WAE bug safe version
just in time. That's also part of the game we all play as the wind and the
storms, isn't? I think they make one of better thing that anybody could have
done. They worked for all of us: TU!