[3830] SS SSB N8XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N8XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 02:22:16 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   38
   40:   30
   20:   26
   15:   20
   10:   20
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

SSB isn't my favorite mode, but I figured I'd give it "ye olde college
try."  10 was OK on Saturday, though I got beat out of the "jump
ball" by many "B, M, and U" stations.  75 turned out to be a
better choice, because one could generally hear the other ops in the "jump
ball" contest.

Sunday was better, because many of the "big guns" were running low on
stations they could work, so not a many "jump ball" contests.

Managed to suffer through 5 1/2 hours - and did better than I figured I would.
Had I had more intestinal fortitude I "probably" could have made more
contacts, but.....

Thanks to all who had patience enough to pull me through the mud.