[3830] SS SSB N0HR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pat@n0hr.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N0HR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 03:36:39 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N0HR
Operator(s): N0HR
Station: N0HR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   31
   40:  671
   20:  390
   15:  293
   10:
------------

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I'll list this as my first serious attempt to use SO2R in a SSB contest.  Still
a lot to learn.

Last year, I entered the Unlimited class... which was fun, but I thought I'd
enter the plain-ole high power class to avoid going to head-to-head with N0XR
(Dean) operating from N0NI. I imported my log to create the goals from last
year's SS-SSB. Last year I logged 1380 Qs... so I beat the goal by a whopping 5
Qs.

Was the SO2R setup a success?  I did eek out a small number of 2nd radio Qs
during the slower times (not many though). However, the biggest win was finding
a NT station to complete the sweep on the second radio (and working him on the
6btv) - that was pretty cool!

To do list...
* fix my voice keyer recordings
* figure out why I can't get the micro2r to accept the k3 as radio 1
* isolation - still some PC glitches when I use the amp on 80m