[3830] SS SSB W4VIC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vic.w4vic@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4VIC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 03:57:19 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 16 HRS

------------
  160:    0
   80:   52
   40:   50
   20:   77
   15:   61
   10:  112
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

ICOM PRO-III, MicroKeyer II (and Router), Acom 1000, DB-18 @ 50', Inverted
"L" @ 35' for 80M.

Barry, K5VIP, suggested I replace my USB mouse and keyboard with wireless
devices to 'fix' the RF issues that locked up the computer/radio at high power
on the high bands with heavy duty cycles.  Seems to have done the trick!  I
pushed the Acom 1000 most of the event and had not a single hitch.

Got a good jump on finding the 'difficult' sections early.  NT in the first
hour, quickly followed by AK and PAC.  As of Sunday morning only needed PR, SC,
AR, MAR and QC.  Looked for them most of the day.  Got in a real stew after
hearing MAR several times in S & P and could not catch him.  Finally did.
AR was the last section -- Thanks John, W5OX.

If we're not careful somebody is going to decide that MDC needs to be placed in
a private contest!  What a remarkable turnout!  I note that many spots did not
appear due to proximity to previous spots.  I don't know if the effect is
cumulative, but obviously ALL spots did not go out from my ops.  Congrats to
all the MDC/PVRC contributors.

So there were some rough spots.  A sweep is like a mother's kiss on an 'ouchie'
-- makes everything all right!  Thanks for the Qs, 73,  Vic, W4VIC