[3830] SS SSB K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 04:28:46 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:  334
   40:   88
   20:   45
   15:   86
   10:   66
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Class A SOLP -- A Boy and His Dipole

22 hrs (cleverly planned some family obligations to keep myself from doing 24
hr :>)  )

Man, I must have worked a lot of NCCC on the high bands, but ya' gotta get the
volume somewhere.  One random Ohio station said "Another MDC!  This is
incredible!" -- and that was before I called him

More than 100 QSOs above my previous best from home.  And I still can't copy
'phone.

Sweep ... IF it survives the log checking.  I was amazed to find a previously
unknown (to me) VE8 CQing SS on 15M Sunday afternoon for the Sweep.  A bit of
QSB -- he peaked at barely audible, but he heard me fine.  I had him verify his
NR twice, but it sounded like he sent the same NR to the next guy.  I kept
listening, but nobody else called in!!!  I spotted it thru DX Summit (w/o
peeking).

Next-to-last Section was AK, and I got two just a few minutes apart Sunday
afternoon.  Only one KH6 and one PR and one SK.  I feel like I accomplished
something.

Good runs of PVRC Saturday evening on 80M; those runs usually come Sunday
evening for me.

Thanks for the QSOs.