[3830] SS SSB K9MU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9mu@k9mu.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K9MU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 04:46:31 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K9MU
Operator(s): K9MU
Station: K9MU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  200
   40:  196
   20:  485
   15:  187
   10:   53
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

My goal was to beat last year's QSO total of 1100. I slept through my alarm by
an hour and lost some time but still ended up beating it! This contest was
frustrating. My run frequencies were stolen many times by high power guys who
didn't even bother to listen before transmitting. There seemed to be more
intentional QRM'ers and net frequency cops too. There was a guy singing using a
high pitched female voice on one of my frequencies and someone making constant
fart noises too.

My 1st QSO was with VY1JA who I found CQ'ing on 15m before the contest. My last
needed mult was KL7. I finally got the sweep near the end of the contest while
working 3 KL7's in a row on 15m.

Antennae:
Force 12 C4XL @ 50 feet
80 M Inverted “V” apex @ 45 feet