[3830] SS SSB N6ZFO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6ZFO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 04:51:28 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SF
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:    0
   80:   92
   40:  213
   20:  132
   15:  304
   10:  469
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Eq: FT-1000MP MkV 150w
  3-el home built Yagi's for 10, 15 and 20m.
  40m DE Zepp for 40,80 at 75 feet.
  Newly installed automatic antenna selection boxes  (Tks k6ufo)

Comments:
Two hours before close the section count was a dismal 79; then W1ECH in VT,
VE8GER (and later VY1JA), and finally VO1MP called in.  Trolled 15m to find
NP4G, and got him rapidly.  No joy on VI.   The last minute surge in sections
allowed me to exceed 200,000 pts. . probably first ever for an NCCC member
operating low power.

As late as an hour before close, it looked like no chance of getting 200,000
and I was ready to quit early. Then Dave, N6NZ encouraged me to go for it.  A
small surge in rate on 40m pushed the score just over 200k.

Even though I choose not use a voice keyer, my voice lasted through 1223 Q's
and 22 hours without much strain or discomfort.

With the excellent conditions and station improvements, my SF Section record
was surpassed by about 35,000 points.

73 Bill n6zfo