[3830] SS SSB N5ZC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N5ZC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 14:59:26 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N5ZC
Operator(s): N5ZC
Station: N5ZC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WTX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  341
   40:   96
   20:  373
   15:  693
   10:  230
------------

Club:

Comments:

This is the best I've done in SS.  I really focused this year.  I stayed in the
chair and did not turn on the TV Sunday afternoon to watch football.

I always question my off time decisions.  This year I took a 3.5 hour break
from 08:00z to 11:30z.  As the high bands start to decline over the next few
years and I improve my low band antennas I may change that strategy.

Getting the sweep was much easier than CW a few weeks ago. I had it done by
03:56z Saturday evening, which allowed me to concentrate on rate. The last
section worked was Oklahoma.

Equipment:
K3/KAT-500/KPA-500

Antennas:

78' 45g tower
F12 C31 at 79'
F12 C3 at 40'
F12 Delta 2-40 at 85'
Delta Loop for 80m

Software:

Writelog

On a funny note.  Sunday morning I was operating on 20m and had a little run
going. As the band started opening up N4OX was starting to crowd me, or was I
crowding him? I moved to his freq and asked him to move down which he politely
did.  Unfortunately I told him to move the wrong direction and he ended up on
my frequency so he moved back to his original frequency and I moved a bit to
put enough separation between us.  After a few more q's I realized what I had
done, moved back to his freq and apologized to Jay.  Jay checked his log and
found that we hadn't worked each other so we did.

A tip of the hat to Jay for being a good sport, thanks Jay.

73,

Rich - N5ZC