[3830] SS SSB KE4S SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KE4S SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:12:57 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KE4S
Operator(s): KE4S
Station: KE4S

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

------------
  160:
   80:  138
   40:  138
   20:  126
   15:  135
   10:   51
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: K3/P3
Ant: SteppIR 4el + 80m full wave horizontal loop
My main objective was to get my first sweep.  I had 81 sections, including NT
in the first hour, by the time I wrapped around 0100 Sunday.  Back on the air
around 0800 and picked up GTA and MAR to complete the sweep by 9AM.  The amp
and manual tuner kept me busy through multiple band changes during the
evenings.  I used the N1MM+ auto voicing early in the contest, but was not
happy with the way I had it set, so I reverted to VOX voicing of the exchanges.
 I operated primarily S&P and worked lots of PVRC ops, but I think the
autospot was not doing what I expected, or the cluster filters were using
timing algorithms that did not forward the spots.  Something to look into
before the CQWW-CW.  GoPVRC!