[3830] SS SSB W4YBB Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bmabery@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4YBB Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:31:06 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4YBB
Operator(s): W4YBB
Station: W4YBB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:    0
   80:   18
   40:   41
   20:   43
   15:   51
   10:   23
------------

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Contesting requires a lot of energy, especially this one with the long
exchanges. I generally prelogged as much as possible before calling, and this
caused me to waste time.  Operating QRP was my choice, but it really takes time
to break through the pile-ups.  I must have sat on an NL station for ten minutes
without getting through.  When I came back later, he was gone.
Lesson Learned #1: Log the callsign and call immediately. Once the station
replies, they will stay with you to complete the exchange.
Lesson Learned #2: Keep moving
Funny note: happened to hear N2YBB making a contact and then called the same
station.  His comment, "What is this, the YBB clan?"  (There are
about 80 "YBB" calls listed on QRZ.com.