[3830] SS SSB W1WBB Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W1WBB Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 23:45:52 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:  -0-
   80:   11
   40:   88
   20:   62
   15:  -0-
   10:   65
------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

5 watts to modest antennas on SSB and a contest with the longest exchange can be
brutal at times!  Appreciate the patience of many, esp. those who were new mults
for me (and the others calling) late in the contest.

Not a huge effort...just to much darn work on SSB.

Funniest moment:  Coming upon W2JU and N2ASD in QSO on 40m (with under 5 hrs
left) saying they each needed RI and hadn't heard one.  "Hey guys you need
RI...here I am!"  Two Q's/two happy customers!

W1AW/1 (RI operation from resident big-gun station W1XX) was solely a 20m
operation so those not hearing RI well there may have had difficulty finding us
elsewhere.

All S & P except a few QSOs.  Good to again have 10m open as a
"Q" entrant.

Among the many missing for me:  MAR, ME, NL, NT, QC, UT, WV, KL7, KH6, KP2
Only missed two on CW as QRP this yr.

Icom IC-706mkIIG @ 5 watts to Hexbeam up @ 32';  OCF dipole @ 30'; N1MM+

73, Bill  W1WBB