[3830] SS SSB AA5B Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, BruceAA5B@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB AA5B Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 04:45:00 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AA5B
Operator(s): AA5B
Station: AA5B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:   75
   40:  441
   20:  453
   15:  682
   10:  232
------------

Club: New Mexico Big River Contesters

Comments:

Haven't done this one full bore as a single op in several years, but it seemed
very comfortable -- like slipping on an old favorite flannel shirt (which I
wore all weekend, by the way, over my Boring ARC tee ;-)). Voice held up, got a
little sleep, ate well, didn't get sick, and nothing broke. Not nearly as tiring
as the cw weekend.

The 10-mtr band didn't play as well as I'd hoped, but 15 was open to both
coasts simultaneously for many hours so maybe I shouldn't complain too much.
Antennas here are pretty simple but they seem to get out okay: inverted vee
with apex at 55 feet on 40 meters, inverted vee at 45 feet on 20, inverted vee
at 35 feet on 15 meters, 3-el yagi on a roof tripod on 10 mtrs. TS950sdx,
TenTec Titan.

Great to hear so many familiar callsigns and voices. Congrats to the big
scorers, especially w7wa, n9rv/k5tr, and my good friend k5ta just a couple
miles away!

  73,
     Bruce AA5Banana