[3830] SS SSB KH6DV SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kh6dv@hawaiiantel.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KH6DV SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 02:07:50 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KH6DV
Operator(s): KH6DV
Station: KH6DV

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Oahu
Operating Time (hrs): 9

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   52
   20:  119
   15:  262
   10:  357
------------

Club:

Comments:

I dont seem to be getting better at this. My first ever SS (a long time ago)
was 16 hours of operation and resulted in a 3rd place finish in SO-LP.
Its been down hill ever since. Each year I operate fewer and fewer hours,
make fewer contacts and grow less tolerant of the shouting fest thats SS
Phone.

My best effort from this location was 1411 + a sweep in 15.5 Hrs
followed by an 1111 + a sweep in 14 hours. My previous worst was
1030 + a sweep in 12.5 hours. To continue the downward trend this
effort is my new worst @ 790 + a sweep in 9 hours. All SO-LP

Almost looks like a trend

Rebuilding the station after a long inactive period. I ran the contest
with the 1st antenna up which will be my 2nd radio/mult antenna, a 3 ele
tribander on an 18 foot boom 60 feet above ground and 73 feet above the
salt water out front in the bay with the reflection zone out in the water.
I believe the tribander proved its worth as a 2nd radio antenna but now
its time to move over to the main tower and install the 40 Yagi and 15/20
monobanders.

During this contest it was:
* Hard to establish a run
* Hold a run frequency
* Find a new run frequency once lost
* Keep myself in the opr chair

40M was a disaster. We had a cold front approaching from the north
and with its associated T-Storm I had 20 over crashes. Further down
the Island chain it might not have been as bad. As the front progressed
and the crashes increased above +20 I shut down Saturday evening and got
a really great nights sleep.

All sections were worked in runs except the VI. Lots of really great QRP
signals and 16 school club stations worked.

Thanks for the contacts

Ron KH6DV
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu