[3830] SS SSB VA7RR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VA7RR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 01:38:18 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VA7RR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   85
   40:  182
   20:  442
   15:  454
   10:  453
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I operated this SS from my single tower home station located on a city lot near
Vancouver, BC.  When conditions are good, as they were for this one, I can
compete in SS pretty well with the big guns, so long as I don't have to spend
lots of contest hours on 40 or 80.

     Ten was great at the start - I stayed there for the first 3-1/2 hours.
Knocked off at 0840Z with almost 900 Qs, and I had thoughts of a potentially
big QSO total as the last time I did low power SS Phone in 2012 I had 700 Qs on
Saturday and 900 on Sunday.  Unfortunately, Sunday was ok, but not so good,
producing around 725 contacts.  Ten never got really going for me, and I had to
stay on 15 for a lot of the day to maintain reasonable rates.

     All in all, it was a really enjoyable weekend.  Thanks to all for the
QSOs.

73,
Gary
VA7RR