[3830] LZ DX N4CW SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] LZ DX N4CW SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:36:46 +0000
                    LZ DX Contest

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Zone 08
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   80:   13     0       4
   40:  149     0      25
   20:   67     0      16
   15:  174     0      27
   10:   62     0      19
---------------------------
Total:  465     0      91  Total Score = 150,878

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Loads of part-time fun; thanks to contest sponsors and participants. I
discovered a serious problem with my high tribander; apparently the (large)
turkey buzzards that tend to roost atop the antenna (at 30 meters)managed to
break one of the wire leads from the balun to the driven element! Thus, I used
my 8-element log-periodic (at just under 10 meters in height!) for the high
bands. My rotary dipole at 27 meters worked wonderfully! I had not used my
large amplifier (ACOM 2000A) since last Spring, running low power and QRP
since. What a joy breaking pileups, even with a modest antenna! But I'll be
glad to get the higher antenna fixed... :~)
73, CU in CQWW, Bert N4CW