[3830] CWopsT N8BJQ HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sbolia@woh.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8BJQ HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:12:20 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Nov 26

Call: N8BJQ
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): :50

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   9      3
   20:  45     36
   15:  20     15
   10:   4      4
-------------------
Total:  78     58  Total Score = 4,524

Club:

Comments:

Lost about 10 minutes talking to the local power company interference guy who
had spent a good part of the morning here trying to find my S5 - 7 power line
noise.  We had originally tracked it to an arrestor in the pole at the end of
the driveway.  They reportedly fixed that back in October but I never noticed
any difference in the noise. After several calls, the RFI guy came out with his
toys.  We checked all of the local poles and they were relatively clean.  He
came in and we hooked up his equipment to my antennas and spent 45 min rotating
different antennas trying to pin point the source.  He finally was able to get
the loudest reading around 149MHz so we hooked up my 2M antenna to his box and
the signal was strongest at 330 deg.  He went away to check in that direction
and called back right after the hour started with news that he thought he had
found the problem (he thinks).  One of the power poles at the grain elevator
(just over 1 mile away) was arcing.  Not only did it overload his test
equipment but he could hear the arcing.  I'm supposed to be on the list to be
fixed Friday or Saturday (hopefully Friday).  Happy Turkey Day to all