[3830] CQWW CW RM2D(SM6LRR) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW RM2D(SM6LRR) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 12:24:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Vereya
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  477    18       68
   40:  426    27       80
   20:   52    13       28
   15:   44    16       40
   10:  229    28       83
------------------------------
Total: 1228   102      299  Total Score = 718,592

Club:

Comments:

First plan was to give 80 meters a good effort, but when looking at SFI/A/K
index, I decided I could not refuse from trying an All Band effort. Decision
was correct with lots of nice contacts particularly on a wide open 10 meter
band on the Saturday.

Still much focus on 80 and 40 meters with aim to work some new band-countries.
So many nice expeditions active from remote islands and rare countries. I would
like to express my appreciation for all of you that decide to travel with your
radios and antennas to make it possible for us to get some new interesting
multipliers and countries in the log. Not possible to mention all those people,
so I prefer to just give attention to a few efforts that talk for theirself -
showing the dedication of Russian contesters for the international contest
community.

Dima, RA9USU, went on a single man expedition to Yemen and the island of
Socotra. With heeps of spiderbeam poles he managed himself in a just a few days
set up a great station with excellent strong signals on all band I heard and
worked him (80 and 10 meters). His skills in handling the pile is also awesome
and I send my sincere appreciation for my friend Dima's efforts at 7O2A!

Three excellent operators from Ural (UA9CDD, R9DX and UA8DX) brought their
equipment to the Maldives and as well managed in short time to install a very
competitive station. Thanks for contacts on 80, 40 and 10 meters with the call
8Q7DV!

The Russian Robinson club represented this time by RC5A, RA1AGL, R4WAA, RM0F,
UA1ANA, and OG2K, went on a very long journey all the way to Galapagos Islands
and operated with the call HC2AO/8. Thanks for one contact on 40 meters, which
was a new band land for me on that band!

Many other likewise dedicated persons from all over the world operated in the
contest and they all deserve our THANK YOU for their efforts.

Most surprising and most appreciated contact was when VU4KV called me on my own
CQ on 40 meters. New country for me on not only 40 meters but at all.

I had great fun despite only 20 hours of operating time and look forward to the
next CQWW for sure!

Equipment used:

Rig:  Kenwood TS 590S
Amp:  Acom 1010, 700 watts

Ants
80:   1/4-wave vertical (on ground) with 3000 meters of radials
40:   1/4-wave vertical (on ground) with 2 elevated radials
20:   Dipole (inverted in both horizonatal and vertical direction) @ 6 meters
15:   1/4-wave vertical (on ground) with same ground plane as 80 meter vert
10:   1/4-wave vertical (@ 10 meters height) with 2 elevated radials

Murphy was close to limit operation to Low Power due to the fact that the GU74B
started consuming more current than the 6.3 A fuses could handle. Fortunately I
had a spare tube that was installed 4 hours before the start of the contest.
Too short time to condition the tubes, but the brand new GU74B worked
perfectly, so contest was saved :)

73 de Mats RN2D (SM6LRR), also XV2LRR, 4S7LRG, 5B/SM6LRR and others.