[3830] CQWW CW N1CC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1CC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:20:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:    9     5        6
   80:   33    11       24
   40:  100    20       49
   20:  172    31       86
   15:  265    32      107
   10:  281    29       95
------------------------------
Total:  860   128      367  Total Score = 1,182,060

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  Elecraft K3/100 @ 100 Watts into Force 12 C3 @64', 2 X 80/40 Fan
Dipoles at 50' (Broadside N-S and E-W), and Inverted L for 160.  WriteLog
Version 11.22G.

Year-to-Year overall goal partially missed.  Total points per hour this year
was 98% of the 2013 rate.  Beat the Zones and Country count OK.  The 125 fewer
contacts at this years approximate QPH of 30 per hour compared to 2013 QPH of
31 is only a 3% difference.  Factor in better production on 160, 15, and 10
over last year tells the story - I quit early Saturday night, and all of the
125 missing contacts come from 80 and 40 losing the 3 hours! (Zone/Country
counts were up on 160, 20, 15, and 10)

The good news, I performed just as well as last year ... and kept from becoming
over tired now that I am in my '70s.

Noted less patience in pileups by US stations more this year than in past
years.  Seems that some of the folks don't listen (could they be using code
readers?) and keep calling excessively, and call when the called station tries
to sort - for example "N1 ??" often found every all area and
variation of a "N" ... such as K, W, WA, KA, etc., calling while any
"N1" stations were still being covered up badly.  I didn't find many
US stations with bad signals, however noted that UA4M had a T-7 Chirp with key
clicks up and down 5 kHz; part of the day TM6M must have been
"accidently" using MCW as there was a mirror on the opposite sideband
that wasn't 10 dB down from his main frequency.  Later that must have been
discovered and fixed.

This was as usual a fun event, tiring, and bears work/mindset changes to
improve in the future!