[3830] CQWW CW N6RV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kendrick.w@ca.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6RV SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 00:22:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RV
Operator(s): N6RV
Station: N6RV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:    7     5        4
   80:   39    12       20
   40:  180    28       73
   20:  252    31       86
   15:  284    28       85
   10:  325    28       84
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great Contest. Murphy really struck! Headphones broke a minute before the start.
The Flex continually froze up plus other really strange behavior. My 40 meter
beam started acting up. It needs to have the hardware tightened.

First time with a serious SO3R operation. I used one XCVR for spotting the low
bands. Two for bouncing back and forth. Simple set up (2 keys and an MFJ audio
selector box. The KX3/KXPA100 worked flawlessly.

The bands were all good and quiet! It seems that everyone spread themselves
across all of the bands rather than bunched on 10 Meters.

Best experience: Catching VU4KV on 40 with 100 Watts at 9 AM local time. It is
great to have strong locals whose signals spot the really rare ones. The Flex
goes crazy under strong signal conditions and it is easy to find their
frequency! It is like your own spotting network! I just followed them up the
band! I knew there was an advantage to having a radio with and A-D converter in
it!

Worst experience: Having a 2X2 WB7.. calling continuously out of sync on top of
8Q7DV and hearing his signal fade into the noise. This guy could not hear him.
In fact he was calling on top of the 8Q in the middle of the QSO. He would call
only after someone started calling. What can I say?

Flex 5000A
KX3 / KXPA100
160 Shunt Fed Tower
80 Loop @ 60 ft