[3830] CQWW CW VA3DF M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3df66@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VA3DF M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 00:34:30 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF VE3CR
Station: VA3DF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: ONS
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    5     4        3
   80:  219    19       66
   40:  631    30      103
   20:  460    36      107
   15:  293    35      121
   10:  259    29      109
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

To paraphrase Clint Eastwood's character Blondie in the movie "The Good,
The Bad and The Ugly" - there are two kinds of people in this world, those
with 160 m antennas that work and those who have lousy antennas and get no
points on 160. Our antenna works about as good as a wooden chair - we get no
stinking points!!!

The Good - great conditions and marvelous operators. No equipment problems
(other than 160) and propagation was great - especially on 80 m Saturday night.
The 40 m antenna seems to be working and we got some lucky breaks!

Also had the pleasure of having Eric (VE3CR) join me for the contest along with
his XYL - Ms. Sheila

The Bad - see above comments re the 160 antenna. Also, last weeks wind storm
blew the antennas off position - but no big deal.

The Ugly - what I look like after working all night!

This contest featured everything a person could want - great participation and
lots of DX, super conditions and the advantage of using LP rather than my usual
QRP. Many highlights and no low spots!

Great way to expose weaknesses in the station and operator! For now I am a
happy camper.

As is our custom, Eric and I will now enjoy a feast courtesy of Ms. Sheila and
make plans for future CQWW contests.

If you hadn't already guessed it, the off duty operator got to watch The Good,
The Bad and The Ugly last night while I dug for QSOs.

Great fun and I hope everyone had as much as we did!

Finally, thanks to all who travelled to DX locations to make this contest a
super event!

73,

Doug
VA3DF