[3830] CQWW CW N3QE SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@wmata.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N3QE SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 00:39:55 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

  160:   76    13       44
   80:  251    21       76
   40:  486    29       99
   20:  395    34      106
   15:  566    32      117
   10:  497    29      114
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Highlights:

You might think from the low Q numbers on 20M, that 20M was boring. Hardly!!!
While making my first CQ's on 20M early Saturday afternoon, I start hearing
these watery signals underneath the Europeans. I go to copy them... is that 6Y
Jamaica calling me? No, it's BY5CD!!! Then the next watery signal... is E2X!
Wow!

Friday night on 160M was OK with a couple EU worked, but Saturday was just
amazing. I went to take a quick spin and there are all these plain-as-day EU
signals easy copy. While CQ'ing on 160M I get what might be 4U coming back to
me. Is it 4U1ITU? No, not from EU at all! South? Point my antenna south and it
peaks up, could it be 4U1WB in DC? No! It was 4V1JR on 160M!!! Then a little
later higher up on 160M I find A71BX CQ'ing with not much of a line! In just a
few calls he's in the log!